Get It Done Now!
I want my space to look like the home and garden shows on TV. I want it big, I want it fast and I want it now.
- If you don’t have any time, its best to call a design / install landscape company. One that has a landscape designer or registered landscape architect on staff along with with manpower to install. This is a one- stop shop.
- Have plans to maintain your dream landscape and get a contract for monthly maintenance.
Final Words of Advice
for every type of gardener.....
- Have fun: Spending time outdoors is a gift and a respite from the busy lives we lead. Gardening is great exercise for the body and soul.
- Read Plant Tags: Know your planting zone, sun and water requirements. Plant the right plant in the right spot.
- Get Help: Prevent costly mistakes by contacting your state's extension offices, and visit websites, libraries, local garden centers, courses at arboretums & conservatories, or consult a professional. A successful gardener asks questions and is constantly learning.
- Prevent deer damage: Ask for help in identifying effective deer repellents and choosing deer-resistant plants.
- Have a plan for maintenance: Identify if you need a monthly maintenance plan from a landscaper/gardener, weekly mowing, or an annual clean-up. Unless you pave your yard or plant plastic, outdoor spaces need maintenance.
- Be realistic: Start small to prevent feeling overwhelmed by the time, energy and cost.
- Take time to enjoy your space: Nature will astound you with it’s sights, sounds, smells, and textures.